Seventeen strikingly contemporary residences seamlessly blending into its stunning bushland surrounds have been released for sale in the increasingly in-demand Lower North Shore suburb of Naremburn.
Having received approval to develop from Willoughby Council in June, local North Shore developer WINIM has launched off-the-plan sales of The Lawson Terraces in a move designed to help meet strong growing demand for premium owner-occupier properties in the area.
Announcing the launch, WINIM Joint Managing Director Josh Leahy said: “The Lawson Terraces located at 37-43a Garland Road Naremburn set a new benchmark in owner-occupier terrace living – uniquely combining the appeal and appearance of high-end single residential residences with the benefits, convenience and amenities of luxury multi-residential developments of the future.”
Named after one of Australia’s most famous poets Henry Lawson who was known to have resided in the area and was inspired by the exact natural surroundings of Flat Rock Gully which several of the terraces front, to pen some of his prized poems, residents will connect to a rich part of Australia’s history and get a sense of the tranquil bush setting that inspired Lawson.
Drawing upon Mid-Century Modern fused with Japanese minimalism, and designed by award-winning firm Rothelowman, The Lawson Terraces will feature three complementary yet different design typologies, each responding to surrounding bushland and the 3,735sqm site’s topography.
Six four-bedroom ‘Tree Homes’ will front Flat Rock Gully to the secluded rear of the site, enjoying maximum privacy and connection to surrounding bushland; five three-bedroom ‘Courtyard Homes’ will occupy the centre of the site, featuring serene internal open spaces and courtyards; and six three and four bedroom ‘Terrace Homes’ would strikingly front Garland Road as ‘individual’ homes each with private street access and a vast outlook over Bicentennial Reserve.
“Each residence offers house-like proportions both internally and externally, maximum internal/external connection and serene privacy,” Mr Leahy said. “Each is oriented north-south and planned over two levels, with direct internal access to below-ground security basement carparking, private lift, designated study areas and additional multi-purpose rooms.
“Every terrace will boast easy private access to car parking and bonus basement space for use such as a gym or wine cellar. All have large external areas and gardens, and immediate access to Bicentennial Reserve, with the bus stop at the end of the street offers an express non-stop service to the CBD.”
Among its key features, Mr Leahy said The Lawson Terraces offered:
- A prime location in an inner ring suburb in Sydney’s Lower North Shore.
- Family-oriented lifestyle with multiple sports and recreation facilities.
- Close to shops, retail and services.
- Proximity to the Gore Hill Freeway and Warringah Freeway.
- Doorstep non-stop express bus service to Sydney CBD.
- Generously sized terraces with house-like proportions.
- Choice of three and four bedroom ‘tree homes’, ‘courtyard homes’ or ‘terrace homes’.
- Stunning light-filled interiors boasting north-facing orientation.
- Large external areas and gardens, with direct access to Bicentennial Reserve.
- Tranquil garden, street and district views across Flat Rock Gully.
- Basement car parking with additional multi-purpose rooms, gyms and wine cellars.
- Direct internal access from undercover garaging to each terrace.
The Lawson Terraces is WINIM’s third high-end, boutique residential development underway on the Lower North Shore. It builds on the group’s existing stable of carefully chosen, strategically located, high end, boutique properties on the North Shore – others including OTTO Cremorne, The Terraces Willoughby and The Longhouse St Ives.
“Sydney’s Lower North Shore is a key part of our residential strategy to develop premium, bespoke, well-conceived owner-occupier projects featuring exceptional design, located in prime tightly held pockets such as Naremburn,” Mr Leahy said. “Naremburn is a premium boutique project which will greatly contribute to the undersupply of premium owner-occupier dwellings in the suburb.” Mr Leahy said the residences will be highly sought after by families, resizers or those looking for a luxury house-size property with minimal maintenance and state of the art finishes.
“Naremburn continues to offer great value for homeowners wanting that rare combination of a family-oriented lifestyle, proximity to the CBD and services, in an extraordinary contemporary home offering great amenity, low maintenance and great resale opportunities.”
“As passionate North Shore residents creating projects in our own backyard, it’s more important than ever that we listen to the desires of our local clientele and deliver residences of the finest quality with a real sense of place,” Mr Leahy said. “We believe that’s the key to building the heritage of the future.”
The Lawson Terraces: Key Features
The Lawson Terraces’ Tree Homes
- Six ultra-private residences are secluded at the rear of the site fronting Flat Rock Gully to optimise uninterrupted bushland views.
- Each features four-bedrooms and 2.5-bathrooms over two storeys.
- Enveloped in greenery, each two-storey home offers private landscaped gardens with direct reserve access, with both end residences featuring expansive wraparound lawns.
- Designed for seamless indoor/outdoor living, generous fluid kitchen, living and dining spaces extend to a partially covered entertaining terrace and private north-facing gardens.
- Materials are luxurious, minimal, with options including large-format tiles in entertaining spaces or elegant limewashed oak timber flooring.
- Zoned ducted air conditioning and cross-flow ventilation keep homes temperate year round.
- Spacious master suites feature walk-through robes and ensuites, along with a main bathroom with decadent freestanding bath and a ground-floor guest WC.
- Secure double basement lock-up garage, with direct internal lift access to both levels.
- One home also features a sizeable multi-purpose storage room, with expansive skylights, and private wine cellar space.
The Lawson Terraces’ Courtyard Homes
- Five courtyard homes are located at the heart of the site, featuring light, inward-facing designs and layouts to create an almost Japanese, Zen-like sense of tranquillity.
- Each feature generous, three-bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, two-storey floorplans.
- Access is via a private courtyard garden, creating a welcoming entrance to each residence.
- An additional interior courtyard and atrium harness natural light and draw the focal point inwards, creating a calming sense of intimacy and privacy.
- Indoor/outdoor spaces are used to divide the open-plan kitchen, living and dining space from an annexed flexible second living area.
- Designed to accommodate changing needs and stages of life, this flexible space works equally as media room/office/second living or guest bedroom, with the option to include an ensuite bathroom.
- Each home offers direct access to the reserve and sits adjacent to a landscaped communal garden – complete with amenities and sustainable orchard garden framed by fruit trees.
- Extensive use of glazing allows leafy views to take centre stage from every vantage point.
- Kitchens are centrally placed to create a real ‘heart of the home’ feeling and finished with engineered quartz stone benchtops and complementary joinery.
- Spacious master suites feature wall-to-wall glass frontage, walk-through robes, an integrated study area and ensuite.
- Double basement garaging comes with direct internal lift access.
- One home also offers an additional multi-purpose room – ideal as a gym, cinema room or office and an additional room for a wine cellar.
The Lawson Terraces’ Terrace Homes
- Six strikingly contemporary terrace homes have been designed to front Garland Road, each with an individual address, street front entries and an impressive street presence.
- Each home features lush landscaped front gardens delivering residents and visitors to a double-height statement entry door to celebrate a grand sense of arrival.
- Each maximises its position on a ridge top falling away to the north, allowing residents to gaze across rooftops to green vistas beyond while enjoying optimum northerly light.
- Internal layouts allow occupants to enjoy a direct long line of vision from the front door through the free-flowing living space to the tree canopy of Flat Rock Gully below.
- Generous three and four-bedroom configurations over two-storeys have been designed to suit various lifestyle requirements.
- Entertaining spaces and private rear terraces are oriented to the north to optimise sunlight and bushland views while maximising the opportunity for indoor/outdoor living.
- Ambiently lit kitchens are fully integrated for a streamlined effect, including an integrated refrigerator, generous double-door pantry and floor-to-ceiling cabinetry.
- Grand stone islands incorporate open-faced shelving as a display feature, while top-of-the-range AEG appliances have been selected for optimum functionality and reliability.
- Low-lying windows are incorporated in kitchens to best capture private, tranquil garden vistas.
The Lawson Terraces will be priced from $2,895,000.